Let yourself be enchanted by a two-hour guided tour starting from the historic center of Amalfi, arriving to Atrani, experiencing the colors, the typical flavors and the millenary history of the Amalfi Coast.
Departure from the historic center of Amalfi. The city was the capital of an ancient maritime republic. Its historic center is rightly considered an open-air museum and preserves, almost intact, its original architectural appearance and the rich history of its past. Do not miss the visit to the famous Cathedral dedicated to Sant’Andrea in Romanesque-Baroque style which combines some of the Arabian patterns, in witness of the important commercial role played by Amalfi during the medieval period.
Towers, walls, vaulted houses, ancient churches, chapels and convents prove, with its rich merchant and aristocrat medieval houses, the historical past of Amalfi.
From the center of Amalfi you will walk up the stairs to get to the “so-called” Piazzetta, right in the heartof Atrani, from where you can admire a beautiful panorama.
THIS TOUR CAN BE CUSTOMIZED ACCORDING TO YOUR NEEDS AND REQUESTS.
- Meeting the guide at Piazza Flavio Gioia next to the marble statue of Flavio Gioia.
- Visit of the "Arsenale".
- Visit the charming old town with the famous Cathedral of Sant'Andrea (or Duomo) in the Arab-Sicilian style dedicated to the Apostle and patron saint of Amalfi, whose relics are kept here.
- Visit the Fountain of Sant'Andrea, with marble sculptures of Sant'Andrea and marine deities, carved in the eighteenth century.
- Walk through the narrow medieval alleys densely littered with souvenir and limoncello shops.
- Walk to the characteristic center of Atrani.
- Stop for a panoramic view from the cemetery of the ancient monastery of San Lorenzo.
- Arrival at the square of Atrani.
- Visit the Church of San Salvatore de 'Birecto.
- Return to the center of Amalfi
- It is recommended the use of sunscreen and wearing a hat.
- Make sure to take plenty of water.
- Estimated local cash needed: St. Andrew Cathedral admission fee adult 3 €; Arsenale admission fee adult 2 €
The cookie settings on this website are set to "allow cookies" to give you the best browsing experience possible. If you continue to use this website without changing your cookie settings or you click "Accept" below then you are consenting to this.