Rome, a lucky, invincible and eternal city - Titus Livius.
This tour is designed to explore the main vestiges of ancient Rome, including the Colosseum, the largest amphitheater in the world ever built by the Romans. It was able to accommodate up to 70,000 spectators! During the visit, on the second ring, you will enjoy a splendid view of some of the most important remains of ancient Rome: Via dei Fori Imperiali, the Arch of Titus, the Arch of Constantine, Via Triumphalis and many others.
The visit will then include the Palatine Hill, which is one of the seven hills of Rome and also one of the oldest areas of the city. Visiting the homonymous Museum, you will get to know the history of this important place. We will also visit the Roman Forum, considered the heart of what was the political life of the Capitoline city, and of which we can observe the main evidence still preserved.
We reserve the right to modify, amend or cancel the tour after verifying the tickets availability
THIS TOUR CAN BE CUSTOMIZED ACCORDING TO YOUR NEEDS AND REQUESTS
- Meeting the guide at the green newspaper box outside the exit of the Colosseo metro station
- Visit of the Colosseum, going to the second ring where you can admire a panoramic view of the monuments insides, overlooking the square below, with an overview of the large base and of the remains of the colonnade and the walls of the largest Roman Temple dedicate to Venus and Rome. With the street of the Imperial Fora on one side and the Arch of Constantine, the Palatine Hill and Via Triumphalis on the other side.
- Once out of the Colosseum you can admire closer the arch of Constantine, going towards the Velian Hill, through the Arch of Titus and up to the Palatine Hill one of the most ancient parts of the city.
- We will then go to the Roman Forum, the old centre of public life, with the Basilica of Maxentius, the House of Vestals, the Temple of Antoninus and Faustina and the Altar of Caesar.
- The opening hours of the archaeological sites may vary depending on the time of year.
- It is not allowed to introduce liquids into the Colosseum.
- For security reasons all visitors and their baggage will be checked. To facilitate and speed up everything, it is recommended to insert any object (including mobile phones) in the bag / backpack or in the special tray to be inserted into the metal detector.
- It is forbidden to introduce camping backpacks, bulky bags and suitcases / trolleys, while medium and small shoulder backpacks can be introduced.
Tours Nearby Ancient Rome: Colosseum and Roman Forum
The cookie settings on this website are set to "allow cookies" to give you the best browsing experience possible. If you continue to use this website without changing your cookie settings or you click "Accept" below then you are consenting to this.