Don’t miss this great 3 hours guided tour of the Royal Palace of Caserta, which is surely the largest and the most beautiful palace in Italy.
Commissioned by King Charles III the Bourbon, in 1751 the architect Luigi Vanvitelli designed a palace that could compete with the large residences of other European monarchs. Marvel at the plenty of artworks and architectural masterpieces on a tour that covers the most beautiful of its 1200 rooms illuminated by about 2000 windows.
Stroll in the gardens to see the great waterfall with its marble statue of Actaeon the moment in which he was transformed into a deer by the goddess Diana. The park covers 120 acres, with long avenues and many buildings that can be explored either by walk or by carts.
THIS TOUR CAN BE CUSTOMIZED TO CUSTOMERS NEEDS AND REQUESTS.
- Explore some of the 1,200 rooms of the Palace of Caserta
- In the atrium of the main building you will find a majestic staircase of 116 steps and marble statues that lead to the upper vestibule and the Palatine Chapel, with its vaulted ceilings and gilded rosettes.
- Travel back to the days of the Bourbon Kings of Naples
- Look at the royal apartments, decorated in a mix of Rococo and Neoclassic styles, and learn how the best painters contributed to create the highest decoration of 18th-century Italy.
- Look at the Murat's apartment, the court theater, and much more.
- Move with a shuttle-bus around the English garden where you can admire the cascade of fountains and pools, as well as the Great Falls with a dramatic sculpture of Diana transforming Actaeon into a deer.
The cookie settings on this website are set to "allow cookies" to give you the best browsing experience possible. If you continue to use this website without changing your cookie settings or you click "Accept" below then you are consenting to this.