The site gives a vivid impression of the opulent lifestyle enjoyed by the wealthier citizens of the Roman Empire.
Herculaneum is not as famous as Pompeii but it is another site that was destroyed by the eruption of Mt. Vesuvius in AD 79, its buildings are better preserved than those of Pompeii. Beds, roofs, doors, food and ever some skeletons were preserved by the pyroclastic material which covered it during the eruption.
The site gives a vivid impression of the opulent lifestyle enjoyed by the wealthier citizens of the Roman Empire. It is worth visiting it to get an idea of how the Romans lived in the imperial period.
After a lunch stop, the tour continues by a private transport to Mt. Vesuvius, the volcano responsible for the eruption that covered Herculaneum and Pompeii. The clients will need to walk for about 25 minutes to get to the Crater of the Volcano. From the path they will see marvellous natural scenery.
Vesuvius is the only active volcano in the mainland of Europe. It overlooks the Bay and the city of Naples and rises in the bigger crater of the ancient Somma volcano.
THIS TOUR CAN BE CUSTOMIZED TO CUSTOMERS’ NEEDS AND REQUESTS.
- Pick up at any main port in Campania, client's hotel or other meeting location.
- Transfer to Herculaneum.
- Visit of Herculaneum: Temple of the Augustali, the beach where more then 300 skeletons were found, Thermal Baths, Forum, House of Neptune and Amphitrite, Samnite House, Gymnasium, House of the Dears, House of the skeleton and much more.
- Lunch break in a panoramic restaurant on the slopes of the Mt. Vesuvius.
- Transfer to Mount Vesuvius and hike to the crater.
- Drop off at the meeting location or other place to be agreed with the tourists.
- 2 hours guide service in the Herculaneum site
- Full day transportation by private minivan or sedan and a professional driver including pick up and drop off
- Local taxes, fuel and parking expenses
- Skip-the-line tickets in Herculaneum
- The site of Herculaneum is vast and also very exposed with minimal shade, so it is recommended to use a sunscreen and to wear a hat.
- Make sure to take plenty of water.
- It is appropriate to use closed shoes and not flip flops, since it can be difficult to walk through the ruins of Herculaneum with open shoes.
- The tour guide and the driver will be happy to help you to take group photos and give you all necessary information regarding the site that you might want to ask.
- Skip the line; the guide can buy the tickets immediately at the preferential check-out.
- The archaeological site of Herculaneum is closed on the 1st January, the 1st May and 25th December.
- It is forbidden to take inside Herculaneum handbags, backpacks, luggage and cases larger than 30x30x15 cm.
- For the school trips it is strictly necessary to book the tour before the visit.
- In case of bad weather the paths on Mt. Vesuvius are closed.
- The path on Mt. Vesuvius is not suitable for disabled visitors.
Tours Nearby Herculaneum and Vesuvius – Private shore excursion
The cookie settings on this website are set to "allow cookies" to give you the best browsing experience possible. If you continue to use this website without changing your cookie settings or you click "Accept" below then you are consenting to this.