Explore the ruins of Herculaneum on a 2-hour private tour with an archeologist guide and skip the line tickets included.
Known as the sister to Pompeii, the town was buried following a volcanic eruption in 79 A.D. Get a glimpse into the private lives of Romans and see amazingly well-preserved wooden objects, paintings, and mosaics.
While Pompeii was covered in 4-5 meters of ash, an avalanche of mud about 20 meters deep buried Herculaneum, created a better-preserved site.
See many of the highlights, including the Forum, the House of the Black Saloon, the House of the Wooden Partition, the Bakery, the Terrace of Marcus Nonius Balbus, and the beach where hundreds of skeletons of the victims were discovered.
- Meet your guide at the ticket office of Herculaneum archaeological site
- 2-hour guided in visit with the following highlights: the Temple of the Augustali, the beach where more then 300 skeletons were found, the Thermal baths, the Forum, the House of Neptune and Amphitheater, the Samnite house, the Gymnasium, the House of the Dears and much more
- The site of Herculaneum is vast and also very exposed with minimal shade, so the use of sunscreen and wearing a hat it is recommended
- Make sure to take plenty of water
- We organize a specific itinerary for wheelchair users
- It is best to use closed shoes and not flip flops, since it can be difficult to walk through the ruins of Herculaneum with opened shoes
- The archaeological site of Herculaneum is closed on the 1st January, the 1st May and 25th December.
- It is forbidden to introduce inside the excavations of Herculaneum, handbags, backpacks, luggage, cases, larger than 30x30x15 cm.
- Regarding school trips, it is strictly necessary to book the tour before the visit.
- Closing times may vary according to the season
Tours Nearby Herculaneum private walking tour w/an Archaeologist/Skip the line included
The cookie settings on this website are set to "allow cookies" to give you the best browsing experience possible. If you continue to use this website without changing your cookie settings or you click "Accept" below then you are consenting to this.