Discover the baroque district, the rock churches, the typical houses of the rural culture as well as the beautiful landscapes
Live a suggestive walk of 2 hours in the history of a modern city still stuck to its origins, accompanied by a specialized local guide.
This tourwill allow you to explore the most picturesque corners of one of the Sassi di Matera, UNESCO World Heritage Site and European Capital of Culture 2019: “Sasso Caveoso”.
Enjoy fantastic views of the the whole of Matera, the ancient city overlooked by the Cathedral bell-tower and the Sasso Caveoso.
Then go into the heart of the Sasso Caveoso and view the unique and beautiful cave buildings which have been inhabited since Palaeolithic times.
Visit the church of San Pietro Caveoso whose Baroque facade belies a much older history. To really connect with the regions ancient inhabitants enjoy the unique experience of a visit to a furnished cave-house (casagrotta) decorated according to ancient traditions.
You will be enchanted by the beauty of the splendid frescoes of one of the most interesting cave-churches in the whole area, the Church of St. Lucia alle Malve.
Marvel at this remarkable spectacle of urban development frequently utilized by great directors such as Pier PaoloPasolini and Mel Gibson.
THIS TOUR CAN BE CUSTOMIZED TO CUSTOMERS’ NEEDS AND REQUESTS.
- Meeting in Piazzetta Pascoli where you can enjoy a fantastic view of the Sassi and the Murge upland
- View of the Palazzo Lanfranchi, which houses the Museum of modern and medieval art of Basilicata
- Walk in the streets where great directors such as Pasolini and Mel Gibson have made memorable movies
- Go right in the heart of Sasso Caveoso
- Visit the church of San Pietro Caveoso
- Visit a cave-house (casagrotta) typically furnished according to ancient traditions, and be enchanted by the beauty of the splendid frescoes of one of the most interesting cave-churches in the whole area, the Church of St. Lucia alle Malve
- Return to Piazzetta Pascoli
The cookie settings on this website are set to "allow cookies" to give you the best browsing experience possible. If you continue to use this website without changing your cookie settings or you click "Accept" below then you are consenting to this.