Have a full-day walking tour led by a professional local guide in the most important city of the South-Italy: NAPLES.
From the Neapolis founded by Greek settlers in 470 B. C. to the city of today, Naples has retained the imprint of the successive cultures that emerged in Europe and the Mediterranean basin.
This makes it a unique site, with a wealth of outstanding monuments such as the Church of Santa Chiara and the Castel Nuovo.
Naples is one of the most ancient cities in Europe, whose contemporary urban fabric preserves the elements of its long and eventful history. Its street pattern, its wealth of historic buildings from many periods, and its setting on the Bay of Naples give it an outstanding universal value without parallel, and one that has had a profound influence in many parts of Europe and beyond.
THIS TOUR CAN BE CUSTOMIZED TO CUSTOMERS’ NEEDS AND REQUESTS.
- Meeting the guide at "Piazza del Gesù" where the church of Gesù Nuovo stands. The central street called "Spaccanapoli" will lead you along the same path which used to be the central avenue (cardo) of the city in ancient times. This street will introduce you to the southern italian spirit. You’ll see the miraculous church and monastery of Saint Chiara dating from the 14th century and the famous San Severo Chapel with the stunning "Veiled Christ" statue by Giuseppe Sammartino.
- Your route will take you then to the street called Via dei Tribunali. You’ll also see the church of Saint Lorenzo from as early as the 13th century.
- One of the main highlights will be the cathedral of Saint Gennaro with its marvellous neogothic facade. In a baroque style chapel the miraculous blood of the saint patron of the city, Saint Gennaro, is kept.
- Visit to Castel Sant'Elmo.
- You’ll stop for a lunch in a classical pizzeria to taste the product, which originated in Naples. You'll also visit the famous San Carlo theater (the first professional Opera theatre in Europe), the Royal Palace, the beautiful Gambrinus cafe' where a lot of famous artists and writers have been, and the formidable Maschio Angioino castle.
- Wear comfortable shoes and, in the summer months, do not forget to bring with you a hat, sunscreen and a bottle of water.
- Estimated local cash needed: Saint Severo Chapel admission fee adult 7 € (optional); lunch in a typical pizzeria 10/15 €
The cookie settings on this website are set to "allow cookies" to give you the best browsing experience possible. If you continue to use this website without changing your cookie settings or you click "Accept" below then you are consenting to this.