The Museum of Capodimonte holds more than 1700 works of art and preserves the largest and most important art collection in Southern Italy. The Museum is located inside the Palace of Capodimonte, built for the will of Charles III of Bourbons, and is spread over three floors, with over 150 rooms that host paintings and art objects ranging from the 13th to the 20th century. During the visit, you can admire the Farnese Collection, an extraordinary collection of masterpieces of Italian painting schools from the 14th to the 17th century, including the important works by Tiziano (portraits of the Farnese family and the Danae), the Crucifixion by Masaccio and other paintings from El Greco, Parmigianino, Bellini, Brueghel, Botticelli, Correggio,Guido Reni, Carracci and Michelangelo. You can’t miss the Neapolitan and European Porcelain Gallery, divided by factories, and the Gallery of the 19th century that collects the works wanted in Naples by the Bourbons and the Savoys plus other acquisitions, among which there are also works by Michele Cammarano, Vincenzo Gemito and Domenico Morelli.
This tour can be customized according to your needs and requests.
- Meet the guide at the ticket office of the Museum of Capodimonte
Admire works by Caravaggio, Tiziano, Botticelli, Bellini, and Brueghel, as well as Parmigianino and Correggio.
- See a depiction of the “Crucifixion” by Masaccio, and “The Mystic Marriage of St. Catherine” by Carracci.
- Discover drawings by Michelangelo, as well as art by El Greco, Titian, and many more.
- Wander into the old apartments to see the 18th-century furniture and a collection of royal porcelain and majolica.
- On the 3rd floor, you will find more contemporary art in the museum’s growing collection of significant artists of the international scene.
- The Capodimonte Museum can be reached by public transportation:
Bus: ANM 178 stop Via Capodimonte
Bus: ANM R4 stop Via Capodimonte
Bus: ANM C63 stop Via Capodimonte
Shuttle Service - Shuttle Museum of Capodimonte city sightseeing Naples
The cookie settings on this website are set to "allow cookies" to give you the best browsing experience possible. If you continue to use this website without changing your cookie settings or you click "Accept" below then you are consenting to this.