In the archaeological site of Paestum it is possible to admire some wonderful examples of Greek architecture, among the better preserved in Southern Italy. The best examples are the three Doric style temples: the Temple of Neptune, the Temple of Ceres and the Basilica. An expert guide will accompany visitors to discover the 2,500-year-old religious architecture, on a journey beyond the confines of time.
Followed by a visit to the National Archaeological Museum of Paestum, in which the most important examples of Greek art are preserved. Inside the museum you can admire the elements that served as decoration of the temples and some of the most beautiful painted tombs of Campania region. The Tomb of the Diver, kept in perfect conditions, fascinates hundreds of thousands of visitors every year.
This tour can be customized according to your needs and requests.
- The site of Paestum is vast and also very exposed with minimal shade, so the use of sunscreen and wearing a hat it is recommended.
- Make sure to take plenty of water.
- It is best to use closed shoes and not flip flops, since it can be difficult to walk through the ruins of Pompeii with opened shoes.
- Skip the line: the guide can buy the tickets immediately at a preferential check-out.
- The archaeological site of Paestum is closed on the 1st January, the 1st May and 25th December.
- It is forbidden to introduce inside the excavations of Paestum, handbags, backpacks, luggage, cases, larger than 30x30x15 cm.
- Regarding school trips, it is strictly necessary to book the tour before the visit.
The cookie settings on this website are set to "allow cookies" to give you the best browsing experience possible. If you continue to use this website without changing your cookie settings or you click "Accept" below then you are consenting to this.