This is the most easy to handle tours because it gives you most of impressions in just 2 hours. So if you still have some time left before you leave the area of Naples and you haven't visited Pompeii yet, this is your best choice.
This tour consists of a walk around of the ancients roman cities of Pompeii with pick-up and drop-off at your hotel or any airport or port in Campania by minivan driven by a professional driver.
A walking tour in Pompeii led by a licensed local guide is an experience unlike any other; the city still feels as lively as ever. Learn about the history of the town and how the Romans lived with a tour of all the most important public buildings and private houses.
The tour of Pompeii lasts 2 hours and includes a detailed look at the western part of the ancient town, the location of the most important public buildings, homes and shops.
Why book this tour?
Pompeii is a must-see place if you visit Italy. It’s only here and now that you will be able to get true understanding of the sophistication and richness of the Roman civilization. You probably think Pompeii consists of several ruins and a lot of columns, but in fact it’s a real medium-sized town almost all of which has been uncovered by archaeologists. To cite the decision of UNESCO Commitee, impressive remains of Pompeii, buried by the eruption of Vesuvius in AD 79, “provide a complete and vivid picture of society and daily life at a specific moment in the past that is without parallel anywhere in the world“.
THIS TOUR CAN BE ADAPTED FOR YOUR WISHES AND INTERESTS
- Pick up at every main port in Campania, client's hotel or other meeting locations.
- Meet the local guide at the main entrance of Pompeii ruins called "Porta Marina Superiore".
- You'll see most important public buildings, luxurious urban villas and shops.
- First you'll pass by the Marina Gate, the Basilica (court house), the Forum (main square).
- Then you'll visit the Forum baths, the Lupanar (brothel), the bakery, the house of Faun, as well as the Termopolium Capuano (fastfood restaurant of the Romans)
- You'll also see the house of Menander as well as the famous plaster casts.
- Drop off at the meeting point or other place to be agreed with the customers.
- Make sure to take plenty of water.
- It is best to use closed shoes and not flip flops, since it can be difficult to walk through the ruins of Pompeii with opened shoes.
- Skip the line: the guide can buy the tickets immediately at a preferential check-out.
- The archaeological site of Pompeii is closed on the 1st January, the 1st May and 25th December.
- It is forbidden to take inside Pompeii handbags, backpacks, luggage and cases larger than 30x30x15 cm.
Tours Nearby Pompeii 2 hours with private transportation
The cookie settings on this website are set to "allow cookies" to give you the best browsing experience possible. If you continue to use this website without changing your cookie settings or you click "Accept" below then you are consenting to this.