Here much is kept as it used to be 2000 years ago.
Pompeii is a unique archaeological site in the world where the time stopped 2000 years ago. Its ruins are included in the list of “UNESCO World Heritage Patrimony”.
During the eruption of Vesuvius Pompeii and its inhabitants were buried by tons of pumice and volcanic ash, which preserved everything in amazing conditions.
Vesuvius is the only active volcano in the mainland of Europe, and it has been responsible for some of the continent’s largest volcanic eruptions. It overlooks the Bay and the city of Naples and rises from the crater of the ancient Somma volcano.
During the centuries multiple eruptions have changed its morphology, today the crater has a diameter of about 500 meters and a depth of approximately 230 meters.
THIS TOUR CAN BE CUSTOMIZED TO CUSTOMERS’ NEEDS AND REQUESTS.
- Pick up at any port in Campania, client's hotel or other meeting locations.
- Transfer to Pompeii.
- Visit of Pompeii: Marina Gate, Basilica (court house), Forum (the main square), Municipal buildings (curia), the meat and fish market (Macellum), Thermal baths, Termopolium Capuano, House of the Tragic Poet, Bakery, plaster casts, Temples of Juppiter, Apollo and Venere, Lupanar (brothel), Fountains.
- Transfer to Mt. Vesuvius.
- Lunch Break in a typical restaurant on the slopes of Mt. Vesuvius.
- Then we walk uphill for about 20 minutes. Closed shoes are essential.
- Drop off at the meeting location.
- Guide service for the entire duration of the tour.
- Full day transportation by private Mercedes, minivan or sedan and a professional driver including pick up and drop off. Local taxes, fuel and parking expenses.
- The site of Pompeii is vast and also very exposed with minimal shade, so it is recommended to use a sunscreen and to wear a hat.
- Make sure to take plenty of water.
- We organize a special itinerary for wheelchair users.
- It is appropriate to use closed shoes and not flip flops, since it can be difficult to walk through the ruins of Pompeii with open shoes.
- The tour guide and the driver will be happy to help you to take group photos and give you all necessary information regarding the site that you might want to ask.
- Skip the line; the guide can buy the tickets immediately at the preferential check-out.
- Estimated local cash needed: Pompeii admission fee for adults 11 €, Mt. Vesuvius admission fee for adults 10 €.
- The archaeological site of Pompeii is closed on the 1st January, the 1st May and 25th December.
- It is forbidden to take inside Pompeii handbags, backpacks, luggage and cases larger than 30x30x15 cm.
- For the school trips it is strictly necessary to book the tour before the visit.
- In bad weather the paths of Mt. Vesuvius are closed.
- The path on Mt. Vesuvius is not suitable for disable visitors.
The cookie settings on this website are set to "allow cookies" to give you the best browsing experience possible. If you continue to use this website without changing your cookie settings or you click "Accept" below then you are consenting to this.