Visiting Pompeii is an unforgettable experience. The town was destroyed by the eruption of the Mount Vesuvius in A.D. 79, it was covered by many tons of pumice and volcanic ash that preserved it for centuries. Pompeii is one of the largest archaeological sites in the world, here the clients can immerse completely into the ambience of the ancient Romans.
Vesuvius is the only active volcano in the mainland of Europe, and it has been responsible for some of the continent’s largest volcanic eruptions. The land at the foot of the Vesuvius is rich with natural beauties. The soil on the slopes of the volcano is very fertile due to the abundance of volcanic minerals and favourable Mediterranean climate. There are lots of vineyards and wine factories that produce amazing wines such as the “Lacryma Christi”. The name of this amazing wine comes from an old legend saying that Christ cried when Lucifer fell from heaven, and these tears gave birth to the grapes that grew here.
THIS TOUR CAN BE CUSTOMIZED TO CUSTOMERS’ NEEDS AND REQUESTS
- Pick up at any main port in Campania, client's hotel or other meeting location.
- Transfer to Pompeii and 2,5 hours guided tour including the Marina Gate, Basilica (court house), Forum (the main square), Municipal buildings, Macellum, Thermal baths, Termopolium Capuano, House of the Menander, Bakery, Plaster casts, Temples of Juppiter, Apollo and Venere, Lupanar (brothel), Fountain of the Abbundance.
- Visit of a celebrated vineyard on the slopes of the Mount Vesuvius, lunch and wine tasting
- Drop off at the meeting location
- Guidance and assistance for the entire duration of the tour (2.5 hour tour in Pompeii led by a local archaeological guide)
- Full day transportation by private minivan or sedan and a professional driver including pick up and drop off
- Local taxes, fuel and parking expenses.
- Skip the line admission fees: Pompeii
- Visit of a traditional vineyard
- Light lunch with a delicious appetizer ( cold-cuts and mozzarella cheese, different kind of cheese served with home-made jam, bruschetta with tomatoes and Bio olive oil tasting, Fresh made “pasta al pomodoro, Ron Babà with french cream and fruit
- Tasting of Limoncello
- Tasting of 4 celebrated wines: : Lacryma Christi Bianco e Pompeii Bianco; Lacryma Christi Rosso e Pompei Rosso
- Tasting of typical Spumante
- The site of Pompeii is vast and also very exposed with minimal shade, so it is recommended to use a sunscreen and to wear a hat
- Make sure to take plenty of water
- We organize a special itinerary for wheelchair users
- It is appropriate to use closed shoes and not flip flops, since it can be difficult to walk through the ruins of Pompeii with open shoes
- The tour guide and the driver will be happy to help you to take group photos and give you all necessary information regarding the site that you might want to ask.
- Skip the line; the guide can buy the tickets immediately at the preferential check-out.
- This tour involves a moderate amount of walking, please wear comfortable shoes
- Minimum drinking age is 18
- Infant seats are available on request if advised at time of booking
- All passengers pay adult pricing
- The archaeological site of Pompeii is closed on the 1st January, the 1st May and 25th December.
- It is forbidden to take inside Pompeii handbags, backpacks, luggage and cases larger than 30x30x15 cm.
- For the school trips it is strictly necessary to book the tour before the visit.
Tours Nearby Pompeii and Wine tasting at the foot of the volcano
The cookie settings on this website are set to "allow cookies" to give you the best browsing experience possible. If you continue to use this website without changing your cookie settings or you click "Accept" below then you are consenting to this.