The clients will meet the guide at Pompeii main entrance called “Porta Marina Superiore”. Pompeii and Herculaneum are a wonderful example of Romans’ heritage, in these sites the visitors have one of the clearest illustration of what the life in the Roman empire was like. Both cities are preserved in an unprecedented state. Pompeii has been included in the list of “World Heritage Patrimony” for its historical beauty and its antique charm. Pompeii is bigger than Herculaneum but Herculaneum is more intact and better preserved than Pompeii.
Oplontis, situated in the modern city of Torre Annunziata, was in a past a suburban district of Pompeii. It was also destroyed by the eruption in AD 79. In this site was discovered the Villa that belonged to Poppea Sabina (second wife of the Emperor Nero) . This Villa is a sumptuous example of the imperial recreation villas and nowadays is the only part of the Oplontis ruins that can be visited.
The tour requires the visit of Pompeii at first, which will be followed by the visit of Oplontis and the tour of Herculaneum ruins in the end. The tourists will arrive by Circumvesuviana train that is not far from the entrances of all sites.
THIS TOUR CAN BE CUSTOMIZED TO CUSTOMERS’ NEEDS AND REQUESTS
- Meet the guide at the main entrance of Pompeii ruins called "Porta Marina Superiore".
- Visit of Pompeii: Marina Gate, Basilica (court house), Forum (the main square), Curia (Municipal buildings), Macellum (the butchers market), Thermal baths, Termopolia (restaurants), House of Menander, Bakery, Plaster casts of the victims, Temples of Jupiter, Apollo and Venere, Lupanar (brothel), Fountain of the Abundance.
- Transfer by Circumvesuviana Train to Oplontis.
- Visit of Oplontis, Imperial Villa of Poppea: courtyard, thermal area, kitchen, toilets, servants area, saloons, swimming pool.
- Transfer by Circumvesuviana Train to Herculaneum.
- Visit of Herculaneum: Temple of the Augustali, the beach where more then 300 skeletons were found, Thermal Baths, Forum, House of Neptune and Amphitrite, Samnite House, Gymnasium, House of the Dears and much more.
- After the visit the clients will catch the Circumvesuviana train and return to their accommodation.
- The site of Pompeii is vast and also very exposed with minimal shade, so the use of a sunscreen and wearing a hat is recommended.
- Make sure to take plenty of water.
- We organize a special itinerary for wheelchair users.
- It is best to use closed shoes and not flip flops, since it can be difficult to walk through the ruins of Pompeii with open shoes.
- The tour guide and the driver will be more than happy to take pictures of you and all the photos that you desire and give you the information that you need.
- Skip the line: the guide can buy the tickets immediately at a preferential check-out.
- Estimated local cash needed: combo ticket Pompeii-Oplontis 15 € adult, Herculaneum ticket 11 € adult, approximately 10 € for tickets on Circumvesuviana railway.
- The archaeological sites of Pompeii, Herculaneum and Oplontis are closed on the 1st January, the 1st May and 25th December.
- It is forbidden to introduce inside the excavations of Pompeii, Herculaneum and Oplontis, handbags, backpacks, luggage, cases larger than 30x30x15 cm.
- For the school trips it is mandatory to book the tour before the visit.
Tours Nearby Pompeii, Herculaneum and Oplontis by train
The cookie settings on this website are set to "allow cookies" to give you the best browsing experience possible. If you continue to use this website without changing your cookie settings or you click "Accept" below then you are consenting to this.