Positano is best known for its typical colourful houses that give it a magical touch. The only possible way to visit Positano is to walk through it. Its streets leading to the beach and main square are for pedestrians only.
Sorrento is a picturesque town. Sorrento’s parks, villas, churches and pedestrian lanes, typical alleys and little tourist shops constitute the special allure of this place.
After a lunch stop the tour continues with a visit of the ruins of Pompeii. Here the tourists will be able to see how time suddenly stopped because of the eruption of Mt. Vesuvius. In the ruins of Pompeii it is possible to see the everyday life of the Romans before the destruction of the entire city.
Pumice and volcanic ash have preserved many materials in almost perfect shape and colour.It’s one of the largest and best preserved archaeological sites in the world, it has been included in the list of “UNESCO World Heritage Patrimony”.
THIS TOUR CAN BE CUSTOMIZED TO CUSTOMERS’ NEEDS AND REQUESTS
- Pick up at any main port, client's hotel or other meeting location in Naples area
- Transfer to Positano and panoramic stops over the Amalfi Coast
- Transfer to Sorrento and walk downtown by your own. We suggest you the following visits: The Church of Saint Antonino, the Dome, the panoramic garden, alleys of the old town and the main road called Corso Italia. As an alternative, instead of walking around the clients can chose to have a nice quick lunch in a restaurant by the sea.
- After lunch transfer to Pompeii.
- Visit of Pompeii: Marina Gate, Basilica (court house), Forum (the main square), Curia (Municipal buildings), Macellum (the butchers market), Thermal baths, Termopolia (restaurants), House of Menander, Bakery, Plaster casts of the victims, Temples of Jupiter, Apollo and Venere, Lupanar (brothel), Fountain of the Abundance.
- Drop off at the meeting point or other place to be agreed with the customers.
- 2 hours guidance in Pompeii by a licensed guide-archaeologist.
- Full day transportation by private minivan or sedan and a professional driver including pick up and drop off.
- Local taxes, fuel and parking expenses.
- The site of Pompeii is vast and also very exposed with minimal shade, so it is recommended to use a sunscreen and to wear a hat.
- Make sure to take plenty of water.
- We organize a special itinerary for wheelchair users.
- It is appropriate to use closed shoes and not flip flops, since it can be difficult to walk through the ruins of Pompeii with open shoes.
- The tour guide and the driver will be happy to help you to take group photos and give you all necessary information regarding the site that you might want to ask.
- The archaeological site of Pompeii is closed on the 1st January, the 1st May and 25th December.
- It is forbidden to take inside Pompeii handbags, backpacks, luggage and cases larger than 30x30x15 cm.
Tours Nearby Pompeii, Positano and Sorrento – Private shore excursion
The cookie settings on this website are set to "allow cookies" to give you the best browsing experience possible. If you continue to use this website without changing your cookie settings or you click "Accept" below then you are consenting to this.