Discover the world most important archaeological site and the bordering modern town in a fantastic walking tour led by a local professional guide.
Pompeii is not only famous for its ruins but also for its modern and religious history. Modern town of Pompeii has the Sanctuary dedicated to Our Lady of the Holy Rosary, destination every year of pilgrims from all over the world and often a destination for the Popes’ journeys, such as Pope Wojtyla and the current Pope Francesco.
You will visit the inside of the Sanctuary that preserves the miraculous picture of the “Madonna del Rosario”.
You’ll climb up the bell tower from which you can admire a beautiful sight of the whole archaeological area.
Then, you’ll visit the highlights of the ruins of archaeological site of Pompeii, walking through the alleys, the shops and houses of the ancient city buried by Vesuvius in 79 AD.
- Meet the Guide in Piazza Bartolo Longo, the main square of the modern town of Pompeii.
- Climb the bell tower, its height is of 82 meters from which you can enjoy the magnificent view with the city at your feet; if you turn around you will be able to see the ruins of Pompeii while over the horizon you can peer into the Gulf of Naples. Don’t miss the majestic sight of Mount Vesuvius right in front of you.
- Visit the Pontifical Shrine of the Blessed Virgin of the Rosary, which welcomes millions of pilgrims every year.
- Explore the ruins of Pompeii on a 2-hour guided tour, and travel back to the days of the Roman Empire.
Start form the old Porta Anfiteatro for a tour of the eastern part of Pompeii, site of the most important public buildings, homes, and shops.
- Discover highlights such as the Amphitheater, Gym, Orto dei Fuggiaschi, Necropolis of Nocera Gate, the main street of the city called "Via dell'Abbondanza" with its several shops and houses, via Stabiana, House of Golden Cupids, Vesuvio Gate.
- A dress code is required to enter places of worship and selected museums. No shorts or sleeveless tops allowed. Knees and shoulders MUST be covered for both men and women. You may risk refused entry if you fail to comply with these dress requirements
Tours Nearby Pompeii ruins and Shrine of our Lady of the Rosary private tour
The cookie settings on this website are set to "allow cookies" to give you the best browsing experience possible. If you continue to use this website without changing your cookie settings or you click "Accept" below then you are consenting to this.