Everything was kept intact, and tourists today can still see everything as it was at that moment.
A 3 hours tour of Pompeii will allow customers to see how the Romans lived before the eruption of Mt. Vesuvius that killed a big proportion of the city’s population.
The inhabitants were taken by surprise when the eruption occurred and this moment froze to be later uncovered by the archaeologists. The visitors can see objects and buildings of an authentic Roman town, as well as frescoes and statues that adorned houses and gardens. Pompeii was buried under ashes like by a snowfall that never melted and over the centuries protected the city from erosion and decay. Many things were kept intact, and whoever walks into Pompeii today gets the feeling of getting into a modern town where it’s possible to explore every street in any possible direction while gazing at the entrance rooms of ancient elegant houses once belonging to merchants and aristocrats. Three hours are a good amount of time to see most important public buildings, private houses and religious shrines located around the central square called “Forum” which is the oldest part of the site.
THIS TOUR CAN BE CUSTOMIZED TO CUSTOMERS NEEDS AND REQUESTS.
- Meet the guide at the main entrance of Pompeii ruins called "Porta Marina Superiore".
- Visit of Pompeii: Marina Gate, Basilica (court house), Forum (the main square), Municipal buildings (curia), the meat and fish market (Macellum), Thermal baths, Termopolium Capuano, House of Menander, Bakery, plaster casts, Temples of Juppiter, Apollo and Venere, the Lupanar (brothel), Fountains.
- The site of Pompeii is vast and also very exposed with minimal shade, so it is recommended to use a sunscreen and to wear a hat.
- Make sure to take plenty of water.
- We organize a special itinerary for wheelchair users.
- It is appropriate to use closed shoes and not flip flops, since it can be difficult to walk through the ruins of Pompeii with open shoes.
- The tour guide and the driver will be happy to help you to take group photos and give you all necessary information regarding the site that you might want to ask.
- Skip the line; the guide can buy the tickets immediately at the preferential check-out.
- Estimated local cash needed: Pompeii admission fee for adults 13 €.
- The archaeological site of Pompeii is closed on the 1st January, the 1st May and 25th December.
- It is forbidden to introduce inside the excavations of Pompeii, handbags, backpacks, luggage, cases, larger than 30x30x15 cm.
- Regarding school trips, it is strictly necessary to book the tour before the visit.
The cookie settings on this website are set to "allow cookies" to give you the best browsing experience possible. If you continue to use this website without changing your cookie settings or you click "Accept" below then you are consenting to this.