This tour is designed to discover the hidden treasures of the Underground Rome.
The tour starts at the Catacombe of San Callisto in which were buried tens of martyrs, 16 Popes and many Christians.
The Basilica of San Clemente reserves, in the subsoil, some of the most important monuments of the city. It consists of three different chronological and structural levels. The first one consists of the XIIth century church, still on the surface; at the second level you’ll find the lower Basilica, dating back to the IVth century AD, which preserves some fantastic medieval frescoes. Going further down you will reach a third underground level with a complex of ancient Roman houses dating back to the Ith century AD and a suggestive Mithraeum.
The visit to the wonderful Cripta Cappuccini, located just below the Church of Santa Maria della Concezione, is then a unique experience of its kind. Absolutely not to be missed if you plan to visit Rome!
This tour can be customized according to your needs and requests.
- Pick up at the travellers' accommodation in Rome and transfer to the Catacombs.
- Visit of Catacombs of St. Callixtus just outside Rome, at the beginning of the Appian Way, close the church of "Quo Vadis?", where there is a rare example of "Mitreum".
- Transfer to Basilica of St. Clement, not far from the Colosseum and the Domus Aurea.
- Visit of Basilica of St. Clement of the fourth century.
- Transfer to Cripta dei Cappuccini at the Church "Santa Maria della Concezione" on Via Veneto next to Piazza Barberirini.
- Visit of Cripta dei Cappuccini, It contains the skeletal remains of 3,700 bodies believed to be Capuchin friars buried by their order
- Drop off at the travelers' accommodation
- All admission fees
- Full day transportation by private Mercedes, minivan or sedan and a professional driver including pick up and drop off. Local taxes, fuel and parking expenses.
- Guidance and assistance for the entire duration of tour
- All taxes
- A dress code is required to enter places of worship and selected museums. No shorts or sleeveless tops allowed. Knees and shoulders MUST be covered for both men and women. You may risk refused entry if you fail to comply with these dress requirements
The cookie settings on this website are set to "allow cookies" to give you the best browsing experience possible. If you continue to use this website without changing your cookie settings or you click "Accept" below then you are consenting to this.