Enjoy a 3 hours walking tour in one of the most beautiful hidden treasures of the Eternal City.
You will be taken to an antique area of Trastevere to discover the world’s oldest Jewish Ghetto of Rome. The quarter was built in 1555 under Pope Paul IV who revoked all rights granted to the Roman Jews.
Visit this small neighborhood delimited by the Tiber River on one side and Venice Square on the other.
Visit the ruins of the Theater of Marcello and Portico of Ottavia, where in ancient times a large fish market was set.
Visiting this area will be a strong cultural and religious experience due to the Great Synagogue and the Jewish Museum with an internal Guide from their staff.
THIS TOUR CAN BE CUSTOMIZED ACCORDING TO YOUR NEED AND REQUESTS.
- Meet the guide at the entrance of the Great Synagogue located at Lungotevere de' Cenci in Trastevere.
- Visit the ruins of the Theater of Marcello and Portico of Ottavia.
- Walk through Via del Portico of Ottavia and Piazza delle Cinque Scole, where there were all the liturgical Jewish schools.
- Walk through Piazza Giudea, Vicolo della Reginella, Piazza Mattei (with its beautiful fountain of the turtles) , Via dei Falegnami, Piazza Margana and Piazza in Campitelli.
- Visit the Great Synagogue and the Jewish Museum with an internal guide.
- THE JEWISH MUSEUM CLOSING TIMES ON 2019
21 march (Purim)
19 - 21 - 26 april (Pesach)
9 may (Yom Ha’azmaut)
9 - 10 june (Shavuot)
11 augost (Tishà Be Av)
29 - 30 september e 1 october (Rosh Ha Shanà)
8 - 9 october (Yom Kippur)
13 - 14 - 15 october (Sukkot)
20 october (O’Shannà Rabbà)
21 october (Sheminì Atzeret)
22 october (Simhat Torà)
Tours Nearby Rome Jewish Ghetto and The Great Synagogue
The cookie settings on this website are set to "allow cookies" to give you the best browsing experience possible. If you continue to use this website without changing your cookie settings or you click "Accept" below then you are consenting to this.