Salerno has one of the most beautiful seafronts of Italy.
The tour will start with the visit of the ancient site of Pompeii, a shining example of the Roman architecture and culture. The ruins are well maintained and everything the visitors will see will give them strong emotions; only in Pompeii you will be able to take a look into the life of the Romans before the Mt. Vesuvius eruption in A.D. 79. During the recent centuries Pompeii has become one of the main archaeological sites with the highest visitor’s number in the world.
Salerno is overlooked by the “Castello Arechi”, the symbol of this charming medieval city, and opens into an amazing gulf. Norman period was its heyday, during those years Salerno was richer than Rome to such extent that that here was established the world’s first Medical Academy. The city has preserved its Medieval historical centre that fascinates the visitors. The main attraction of Salerno is the Duomo from the 11th century, a great example of the Norman architecture. The visitors will then enter through a Byzantine bronze door and admire the central nave that is decorated with sculptures and mosaics dating back to the 13th century.
Nowadays Salerno is a modern town with many fashion boutiques and typical restaurants on the main street called “Corso Vittorio Emanuele”. It also has one of the most beautiful seafronts in Italy.
THIS TOUR CAN BE CUSTOMIZED TO CUSTOMERS’ NEEDS AND REQUESTS
- Pick up at any port in Campania, client's hotel or other meeting locations.
- Transfer to Pompeii
- Visit of Pompeii: Marina Gate, Basilica (court house), Forum (the main square), Curia (Municipal buildings), Macellum (the butchers market), Thermal baths, Termopolia (restaurants), House of Menander, Bakery, Plaster casts of the victims, Temples of Jupiter, Apollo and Venere, Lupanar (brothel), Fountain of the Abundance.
- Lunch break
- Transfer to Salerno and visit of the historical centre, Dome of Saint Matteo, the historical buildings, typical alleys and the marvelous seafront.
- Drop off at the meeting point or other place to be agreed with the customers.
- The site of Pompeii is vast and also very exposed with minimal shade, so it's recommended to use a sunscreen and to wear a hat.
- Make sure to take enough water.
- We organize a specific itinerary for wheelchair users.
- It is appropriate to use closed shoes and not flip flops, since it can be difficult to walk through the ruins of Pompeii with open shoes.
- Skip the line: the guide can buy the tickets immediately at the preferential check-out.
- Estimated local cash needed: Pompeii admission fee for adults 13 €.
- The archaeological site of Pompeii is closed on the 1st January, the 1st May and 25th December.
- It is forbidden to take handbags, backpacks, luggage, cases larger than 30x30x15 cm. to the excavation site of Pompeii
- For the school trips it is strictly necessary to book the tour before the visit.
Tours Nearby Salerno and Pompeii full day shore excursion
The cookie settings on this website are set to "allow cookies" to give you the best browsing experience possible. If you continue to use this website without changing your cookie settings or you click "Accept" below then you are consenting to this.