Discover the Saint Pio's Shrine and the Monte Sant'Angelo's Shrine.
Enjoy a day of relax, tranquility and peace; reach the Sanctuary of San Giovanni Rotondo and that of Monte Sant’Angelo in the Gargano Park in the province of Foggia in a comfortable Minivan guided by a professional driver.
In San Giovanni Rotondo you will visit the Sanctuary dedicated to the most famous Saint of our century, Padre Pio, whose body is kept here.
Take a chance to visit the Shrine of Padre Pio and to see the sites linked to the saint’s life. The shrine is home to two churches, the older Our Lady of Grace Church (Santa Maria delle Grazie) with its stunning wall of mosaics and the new Padre Pio Pilgrimage Church that was designed by the famous Italian architect Renzo Piano.
See the Padre Pio’s tomb and prayer cell inside the Our Lady of Grace Church. Take a stroll to see the Way of the Cross monument on a hill overlooking the church.
The town has several cafes and restaurants where you can enjoy lunch and dinner.
Take a chance to visit in the afternoon also the Sanctuary of San Michele Arcangelo in the nearby Monte Sant’Angelo which is a destination for pilgrims of Christian faithful since the sixth century (from 2011 joined in the Unesco World Heritage Patrimony).
This tour is a symbol of spirituality – perfect for all the devoted who want to visit the places where Saint Padre Pio lived.
THIS TOUR CAN BE CUSTOMIZED TO CUSTOMERS NEEDS AND REQUESTS.
- The driver will pick up you at your hotel or any other accommodation in the city of Naples or in its province, in Salerno or Sorrento.
- Departure for the Apulia
- Drive along pleasant streets and highways
- Arrival at San Giovanni Rotondo
- Visit the Shrine of Saint Padre Pio, the Capuchin convent and the old chapel at the shrine
- View the saint’s body conserved in a glass coffin
- Stop for lunch in a typical Italian restaurant in San Giovanni Rotondo
- After the lunch, arrival in the early afternoon at Monte Sant'Angelo
- Walk through the historic center and visit to the monumental complex of Santa Maria Maggiore, San Pietro and San Giovanni Battista (Tomb of Rotari), an example of the Apulian Romanesque style
- Visit to the Sanctuary of San Michele Arcangelo
- Return at your hotel or any other accommodation in the city of Naples or in its province, in Salerno or Sorrento.
The cookie settings on this website are set to "allow cookies" to give you the best browsing experience possible. If you continue to use this website without changing your cookie settings or you click "Accept" below then you are consenting to this.