Why take this tour
Pompeii tours and visits to the impressive Herculaneum are a must for every amateur archaeologist. Book with Askos Tours and you can see both in just one day. These magnificent sites are among the best-known excavations of the ancient world and on many people’s bucket list. They have long been a destination for tourists who have included them among stages of their European grand tour.
For your Pompeii and Herculaneum tours, you will meet with our staff at the main entrance of Pompeii. Our guides are all renowned for their friendliness, punctuality and ability to communicate clearly. Your guide on this tour will be an archaeologist experienced in presenting both sites in one day.
There is no need to queue as you will have priority entrance with tickets booked in advance. Once inside, following a short walk up a gentle slope from Porta Marina, you arrive at the city's Forum. This square had many functions. It served as a place of religious life, of cultural meetings, and markets where trade took place. From here you enter the interior to visit the best preserved houses, shops, and fabulous temples. Essential in all Pompeii tours is a stop at Lupanare, the famous house of sin and pleasure.
Pompeii seen and explored, you will take a short break for lunch.
Then, still with your guide, you board the Circumvesuviana train for the short ride to Herculaneum. A place of millennial beauty, and a more glamorous extension of nearby Pompeii, Herculaneum was a city resurrected from Vesuvius. Feel the privilege of entering the house of Neptune and Amphitrite and admire the stunning glass paste mosaic. Visit the fabulous House of the Deer, and many other extraordinary residences besides.
So, what are you waiting for? Get Pompeii tours crossed off your bucket list!
Askos Tours boasts a decade of experience in organizing itineraries in places where time has stood still. Book this tour for an unforgettable experience.
- Expert archaeologist guide
- Skip the line tickets to Pompeii and Herculaneum ruins
- Small group (max 15 people)
- One-way train ticket from Pompeii to Herculaneum
- Headsets (for groups higher than 10 people)
Points of interest
- Pompeii: the Marina Gate, the Basilica, the Forum, the Forum Granary, the plaster casts, the Baths, the Lupanar, the House of Faun, the Thermopolium, Via dell’Abbondanza, the Theatre.
- Herculaneum: the Northen Cardo, the House of the Skeleton, the Thermal Baths, the Temple of the Augustali, the House of Neptune and Amphitrite, the House of the Wooden partition, the Gymnasium, the Terrace of Nonius Balbus, the beach.
- Visit the two ancient cities of Pompeii and Herculaneum in just one day
- Expert archaeologist for the total duration of the visit
- Join our small group for a better experience
Health & Safety
Askos srl has implemented all the prevention, protection and organizational measures provided for by the regulatory protocol for the Covid-19 Virus pandemic (Legislative Decree no.81 of 9 April 2008, Annex XLVI)
- We use and offer sanitary gel for hand sanitization, before, after and during the tour.
- Our guides and all our operators received anti-covid health and safety training. They check their temperature daily and they are trained to comply with all anti-contagion regulations.
- It is mandatory to wear your own personal mask for the whole duration of the tour. If you don't have one, we'll provide it to you.
- If headphone sets are required, they are properly sterilized and sanitized before each use.
- Our private and small group tours are designed to provide you with maximum comfort and safety.
Unfortunately this itinerary is not suitable for wheelchair users. We can arrange a private tour including a special wheelchair accessible itinerary, contact us!
Once arrived at the meeting point, you can store your luggage in the free official storage available at the ticket office. Our staff will give you all the information if needed.
If you reach Pompeii by car, we recommend parking in one among many private car parkings around the Porta Marina Superiore Entrance area, contact us and we can give you tips on the best parking areas. In Herculaneum there is an unguarded municipal car park for an hourly rate, in Via dei Papiri Ercolanesi, a few steps away from the ticket office of the ruins.
Our tour includes a transfer by the local train line called Circumvesuviana. The one way ticket from Pompeii to Herculaneum is included in the price of the tour. Your guide will always be with you during this short train ride. If you’re using your own car, you can reach Herculaneum by your own and meet again the guide at the ticket office in Herculaneum.
Sure. After the end of the visit in Pompeii your guide will give you some free time in order to allow you to rest and refresh yourself before leaving for Herculaneum.
Unfortunately not, if you want to secure a spot, you need to purchase the tour in advance.
The Pompeii and Herculaneum tour will take place regularly even in case of rain, so we recommend bringing an umbrella or a raincoat with you if it rains. The tour is canceled only if the authorities decide to close the site due to emergency weather conditions.
If you are coming from Naples or Sorrento you can reach Pompeii by Circumvesuviana local train (Sorrento - Naples line). Your stop is called “Pompei Scavi - Villa dei Misteri” and the meeting point is only a few steps away. If you are coming from Salerno, you can catch a Trenitalia train and stop at the train station Pompei Centrale: from there it will take you about 20 minutes walking to reach the meeting point. If you plan to come from Rome, catch a high-speed train to Napoli Centrale, then the Circumvesuviana local train line towards Sorrento and stop at Pompei Scavi - Villa dei Misteri
This tour includes a walking through the western area of the archaeological park, for a length of approximately 3.5 km.
No. As this tour includes all skip-the-line tickets, no tickets or passes other than those we provide to you directly can be used.
Experience the essence of Pompeii and Herculaneum in just one day with guided tours
6 hoursstarting from €395
Small group tour of Pompeii and Herculaneum with expert archaeologist guide: tickets and transport from Naples included!
7 hoursfrom €149 Per Person
Trip of a Lifetime! A visit to Pompeii and Herculaneum with your very own tour guide and personal driver
7 hoursstarting from €735
4 hoursstarting from €400