Why take this tour
Make the most of your time in Campania by taking a tour which combines the highlights of Pompeii and Vesuvius. This is a unique not-to-be-missed opportunity to explore the world’s most famous archaeological site and volcano.
We’ll happily collect you at your accommodation anywhere in the province of Naples or on the Amalfi coast. Your friendly driver will turn guide as he points out places of interest on your scenic journey to Pompeii.
In Pompeii you’ll meet your personal expert archaeologist guide who’ll escort you in past the waiting queue. One of the things that’ll surprise you is the sheer size of the site - it’s much bigger than you imagined. Also, the remarkable intactness and extraordinary degree of conservation will take your breath away. You’ll visit all the main monuments of the ancient town. At the thermal baths, you’ll learn of its social function and the recreational bathing culture which developed. And, provided you’re of an appropriate age, you’ll take a peek inside the Lupanare, the world’s oldest house of pleasure.
Tour of Pompeii over, and lunch taken - with an insider tip from your driver - you’ll head to Vesuvius. The drive from Pompeii to Vesuvius is a 30 minute journey of fantastic views. You’ll wind your way through dense woods, lush Mediterranean vegetation and arid lava fields. A short 700m uphill walk takes you to the lip of the crater where you can gaze into the immense chasm. Take a moment to take in the breathtaking panoramic views. Then feel shivers down your spine while contemplating the rivers of solidified lava from the most recent eruptions. Though sleeping, it’s still active. However these days its activity is largely limited to fumaroles - emissions of hot sulphurous gases.
Descending the crater, you’ll board your comfortable transport and be returned to your accommodation. With head still reeling from this exceptional tour of Vesuvius and Pompeii, you’ll congratulate yourself on a day well spent.
- 2-hour private tour to Pompeii ruins
- Expert guide specialized in archaeology
- Skip-the-line tickets for Pompeii
- Transportation by modern Minivan
- Professional driver
- Private tour
Points of interest
The Marina Gate, the Basilica, the Forum, the Forum Granary, the plaster casts, the Stabian Baths, the Lupanar, the House of Faun, the Thermopolium, the Temple of Apollo, the bakery, Via dell’Abbondanza, the Theatres, Mount Vesuvius
- Look inside the crater of an active volcano
- Take your breath away by visiting ancient Pompeii
- No stress thanks to our transport and assistance service for the entire duration of the excursion
Health & Safety
Askos srl has implemented all the prevention, protection and organizational measures provided for by the regulatory protocol for the Covid-19 Virus pandemic (Legislative Decree no.81 of 9 April 2008, Annex XLVI)
- We use and offer sanitary gel for hand sanitization, before, after and during the tour.
- Our vehicles are all sanitized according to the law after each use.
- Our guides and all our operators received anti-covid health and safety training. They check their temperature daily and they are trained to comply with all anti-contagion regulations.
- It is mandatory to wear your own personal mask for the whole duration of the tour. If you don't have one, we'll provide it to you.
- If headphone sets are required, they are properly sterilized and sanitized before each use.
- Our private and small group tours are designed to provide you with maximum comfort and safety.
Unfortunately this itinerary is not suitable for wheelchair users and with any kind of mobility issues.
Lunch is not included in the price of the tour. However, if you wish you can have time for a lunch break. Our guide will give you suggestions on the best restaurants to have a good meal.
The driver will pick you up whenever you need. This tour includes pick up at your accommodation, at the station, at the airport, at the port or at any other point in the area of Naples, Salerno, Sorrento or the Amalfi Coast.
You will take an uphill path of about 800 meters to reach the crater of the volcano.
This tour will take place regularly even in case of rain, so we recommend bringing an umbrella or a raincoat with you if it rains. The tour is canceled only if the authorities decide to close both Pompei and Mt. Vesuvius due to emergency weather conditions. In case only one of the tour sites comes shut, you will be offered an alternative visit.
A head-spinning exceptional private tour of Pompeii and Mount Vesuvius
6 hoursfrom €99 Per Person
Trip of a Lifetime! A visit to Pompeii and Herculaneum with your very own tour guide and personal driver
7 hoursstarting from €735
Make your dream come true: take an Amalfi Coast private tour to Pompeii, Sorrento and Positano in just one day
8 hoursstarting from €545
One of the tours of a lifetime: Contemplate life in the ancient world with a private tour to Herculaneum
2 hoursstarting from €197