Why take this tour
Take a trip from Rome to Pompeii for a one-day excursion to the world famous archaeological site. See more of the region and learn the history of this unique setting from an expert archaeologist guide.
Your journey from Rome to Pompeii begins when your friendly driver collects you at your accommodation. You’ll enjoy a comfortable drive along the Autostrada del Sole to the site where you’ll meet your expert guide. From the impressive Piazza del Foro, your guide will lead you on an illuminating walk of discovery. You’ll hear tales of everything you’ll see. The impressive monuments, elegant homes, and small outlying shops will be brought back to life before your very eyes.
You can then complete the itinerary by choosing one from the 5 destinations listed below:
- The ancient town of Herculaneum which, like Pompeii, was buried by the eruption of Vesuvius in 79 AD.
- The Gran Cono del Vesuvio, where you will dive into the splendid natural scenery of the volcano and see the Gulf of Naples from above.
- Positano, the pearl of the Amalfi Coast, a picturesque village built on coastal slopes
- Naples, for an extraordinary panoramic tour and an immersion in the historic center, where you can enjoy the world’s best pizza.
- A prestigious winery at the foot of the volcano, to taste the best wines and the tastiest Vesuvian dishes.
With this tour you have the chance to discover the beauty of Campania: amazing places steeped in history, culture and tradition. We have carefully designed this tour to give you an unmissable experience. You’ll get all the necessary information and exact details when you make your booking. And remember, our staff are always on hand to answer any requests. Book this memorable excursion that will take you from Rome to Pompeii, and beyond...
- Transport from Rome and back by modern minivan
- Professional driver
- 2-hour private tour to Pompeii ruins
- Expert guide specialized in archaeology
- Skip-the-line tickets for Pompeii
OPTION A: Pompeii and Vesuvius also includes:
- skip-the-line tickets to Mount Vesuvius
OPTION B: Pompeii and wine tasting also includes:
- Visit of a celebrated local winery
- Light lunch with traditional local dishes and appetizers
- Wine tasting
OPTION C: Pompeii and Herculaneum also includes:
- Skip-the-line tickets for Herculaneum
- 2-hour private tour to Herculaneum ruins
Points of interest
- Pompeii: the Basilica, the Forum, the Macellum, the Baths, the Thermopolium, Plaster casts of the victims, Lupanar, Via dell’Abbondanza, The theaters Vesuvius crater.
- Other Options: Positano beach, Herculaneum ruins, Naples seafront promenade, Plebiscito Square, Royal Palace of Naples, Panoramic area of Posillipo hill.
- Private excursion
- Explore a fantastic region just 2.5 hours drive from the capital
- Skip the line with our priority tickets
Health & Safety
Askos srl has implemented all the prevention, protection and organizational measures provided for by the regulatory protocol for the Covid-19 Virus pandemic (Legislative Decree no.81 of 9 April 2008, Annex XLVI)
- We use and offer sanitary gel for hand sanitization, before, after and during the tour.
- Our vehicles are all sanitized according to the law after each use.
- Our guides and all our operators received anti-covid health and safety training. They check their temperature daily and they are trained to comply with all anti-contagion regulations.
- It is mandatory to wear your own personal mask for the whole duration of the tour.
- If headphone sets are required, they are properly sterilized and sanitized before each use.
- Our private and small group tours are designed to provide you with maximum comfort and safety.
This tour includes pick up at your accommodation wherever in the metropolitan area of Rome city.
Lunch is not included in the price (except for the option that includes a visit to the winery). However, if you wish, it is possible to stop for a lunch break. Your guide can suggest the best restaurant to have a good meal.
Yes, this tour could be suitable for wheelchair users as well. If you have mobility issues, please, we ask you to promptly notify our office, in order to arrange the best itinerary for you. Only the tour option that includes a visit to the crater of Mt. Vesuvius is not suitable for people with walking difficulties and for wheelchair users.
Cassino is not included in the itinerary. However we will be happy to arrange a customized itinerary that includes an additional stop. Contact us to include a stop at the World War II Cemetery or at the Abbey of Montecassino.
Leave Rome to reach Pompeii and enjoy a memorable day trip in this area of outstanding natural beauty!
7 hoursstarting from €745
3 hoursstarting from €275
3 hoursstarting from €275
4 hoursstarting from €400
Private Custom Tour
If you are looking for a specific experience in Italy and cannot find a ‘tour’ that offers what you want, I highly recommend that you contact Askos Tours and employ their expertise in structuring and arranging a private tour for you. My family wanted to see the National Park of Abruzzo, the scenery, the waterfalls, hopefully the animals. Askos arranged a beautiful day for us with a hotel pick up in Rome, stops in three small Italian villages within the National Park area, and a stop at the Campari park area for a hike through nature and to see beautiful waterfalls (thankfully with a train that transports you part way for a small fee!) our driver was Loris and he was so knowledgeable of the area, he was friendly and accommodating to changes, and by the end of the day, he felt like a good friend. Wonderful experience!! Askos is a great company to work with, very communicative and so helpful!
Patricia Kunkel | Family (teens)
Outstanding Service and Private Tour
I tried booking a private tour from Rome to Pompeii through two other companies and it was cancelled both times. I found Askos tours through their Herculean Private tour and then found out they also do a Pompeii Private tour. From there, I reached out to the company about customizing the tour for a hotel pick up in Rome and a lunch stop in between the ruins. They were very accommodating (and within the same price range as the other tours), so I booked the whole day with them. I am SO GLAD I found Askos tours; the day was AMAZING and seamless from start to finish! We were picked up at our hotel in Rome and driven via Private, air conditioned van to Herculaneum. Our guide, Vincenzo, met us at the van outside Herculaneum. He is so knowledgeable of the ruins, I can’t imagine going and not having someone tell us all of the wonderful stories of the ruins, the people, and the archaeological discoveries that have been made there. Vincenzo was FANTASTIC and made the day so much more entertaining/informative. We had an enjoyable lunch at a small pizzeria and then went on to Pompeii with Vincenzo. It was great to have the same guide at both sites and the historical comparisons really helped to make the past come to life. We were returned to our hotel in Rome, safe and sound and happy. Highly recommend if you are looking for a private tour!!
Patricia Kunkel | Family (teens)