Why take this tour
Askos Tours organizes a wonderful guided tour to the excavations of Pompeii and Herculaneum. What are you waiting for to book? You will explore the two sites with a qualified archaeologist next to you! Skip-the-line tickets are included! You will not waste precious time in the queue, to enjoy the experience right away. You will enter beautifully preserved buildings, rediscovering the most interesting aspects of daily life of 2000 years ago.
With our fascinating tour to the excavations of Pompeii and Herculaneum you will learn extraordinary stories. Facts that you never imagined about Roman society. It will be a pleasant day, different from the usual ones. In just one day you will be able to recognize all the similarities and differences between the two sites. Your guide will tell you about emperors, gods, merchants, and gladiators.
In the heart of Pompeii you will discover the Forum, the center of the political and administrative life of the city, and all the public buildings connected to it. Crossing the Via dell'Abbondanza you will reach the Baths, real recreational clubs of the time. You will enter the theaters, great places of entertainment and aggregation. At the end of the tour of Pompeii you can take a break to refresh yourself and for a light lunch ..
Then it will be the turn of Herculaneum, which you will reach by Circumvesuviana, or with your private car. The guide will also be with you during the move. First you will admire the warehouses of the ancient beach, where the skeletons of over 300 victims of the eruption were found. And you will explore intact houses, in which even some charred furniture is preserved. You will enter the magnificent house of Neptune and Amphitrite to admire the splendid mosaic.
Choose without hesitation this wonderful tour to the excavations of Pompeii and Herculaneum with an archaeologist. It will be the right decision for you and your family. You will learn a lot, and you will return home enriched with unique memories.
- Expert archaeologist guide
- Skip the line tickets to Pompeii and Herculaneum ruins
- Headsets (for groups higher than 10 people)
- Private tour
Points of interest
- Pompeii: the Marina Gate, the Basilica, the Forum, the Forum Granary, the plaster casts, the Baths, the Lupanar, the House of Faun, the Thermopolium, Via dell’Abbondanza, the Theatre.
- Herculaneum: the Northen Cardo, the House of the Skeleton, the Thermal Baths, the Temple of the Augustali, the House of Neptune and Amphitrite, the House of the Wooden partition, the Gymnasium, the Terrace of Nonius Balbus, the beach.
- Marvel at the majesty of the Pompeii Forum
- Remains speechless in front of the brilliant colors of the Temple of the Augustales in Herculaneum
- Stop on the ancient beach where more than 300 victims were found
Health & Safety
Askos srl has implemented all the prevention, protection and organizational measures provided for by the regulatory protocol for the Covid-19 Virus pandemic (Legislative Decree no.81 of 9 April 2008, Annex XLVI)
- We use and offer sanitary gel for hand sanitization, before, after and during the tour.
- Our guides and all our operators received anti-covid health and safety training. They check their temperature daily and they are trained to comply with all anti-contagion regulations.
- It is mandatory to wear your own personal mask for the whole duration of the tour. If you don't have one, we'll provide it to you.
- If headphone sets are required, they are properly sterilized and sanitized before each use.
- Our private and small group tours are designed to provide you with maximum comfort and safety.
Unfortunately this itinerary is not suitable for wheelchair users. We can arrange a private tour including a special wheelchair accessible itinerary, contact us!
Once arrived at the meeting point, you can store your luggage in the free storage available at the ticket office. Our staff will give you all the information if needed.
The Pompeii and Herculaneum tour will take place regularly even in case of rain, so we recommend bringing an umbrella or a raincoat with you if it rains. The tour is canceled only if the authorities decide to close the site due to emergency weather conditions.
Only Small dogs up to 10 kg in weight are allowed inside the ruins. The admitted animals must be equipped with a leash and held in the arms inside the buildings.
If you reach Pompeii by car, we recommend parking in one among many private car parkings around the Porta Marina Superiore Entrance area, contact us and we can give you tips on the best parking areas. In Herculaneum there is an unguarded municipal car park for an hourly rate, in Via dei Papiri Ercolanesi, a few steps away from the ticket office of the ruins.
If you are coming from Naples or Sorrento you can reach Pompeii by Circumvesuviana local train (Sorrento - Naples line). Your stop is called “Pompei Scavi - Villa dei Misteri” and the meeting point is only a few steps away. If you are coming from Salerno, you can catch a Trenitalia train and stop at the train station Pompei Centrale: from there it will take you about 20 minutes walking to reach the meeting point. If you plan to come from Rome, catch a high-speed train to Napoli Centrale, then the Circumvesuviana local train line towards Sorrento and stop at Pompei Scavi - Villa dei Misteri
No. As this tour includes all skip-the-line tickets, no tickets or passes other than those we provide to you directly can be used.
See the wonder of life in the ancient world with a private tour to Pompeii and Herculaneum with an archaeologist!
Trip of a Lifetime! A visit to Pompeii and Herculaneum with your very own tour guide and personal driver
7 hoursstarting from €735
5.5 hoursfrom €99 €74,25 Per Person
Small group tour of Pompeii and Herculaneum with expert archaeologist guide: tickets and transport from Naples included!
7 hoursfrom €149 Per Person
Make your dream come true: take an Amalfi Coast private tour to Pompeii, Sorrento and Positano in just one day
8 hoursstarting from €545