Why take this tour
A tour of Herculaneum is a spine-tingling experience, one that allows you to truly contemplate life in the ancient world. Simply put, there’s no better way to appreciate the glories of the Roman Empire than by exploring this archaeological site. Here the degree of conservation is quite breathtaking. You’ll stare in wonder at entire terraces of houses still virtually intact.
Your guide is a fully licensed and experienced archaeologist who has made these ruins their passion. A true enthusiast who will masterfully introduce you to everything this precious site has to offer.
For your Herculaneum tour, you’ll meet our staff at the ticket office of the excavations. You’ll join a small group of like-minded enthusiasts for this hugely popular tour. There is no need to queue as you will have priority entrance with tickets booked in advance. So no time wasted!
The tour will begin with a complete introduction to the incomparable ruins of Herculaneum. You’ll then be led to a terrace from which you can admire both the excavations and Vesuvius in their entirety. The mighty volcano will feel remarkably close. Indeed, its crater is only 6km away as the crow flies. You’ll now easily imagine the huge power of the eruption of 79 AD, which buried the city under devastating mudslides.
Herculaneum once directly overlooked the Gulf of Naples, while today the sea is a few hundred meters away. The Roman aristocracy loved to spend long holidays on this coast, enjoying the mild climate and the pleasant landscape. Notably Lucio Calpurnio Pisone, Julius Caesar's father-in-law, owned a luxury residence here: the famous Villa dei Papiri.
During our tour every secret of Herculaneum will be revealed to you. The Shrine of the Augustali, the Samnite House and the Gymnasium are just some of the amazing buildings you’ll discover during the exploration.
Let our passion become yours too. Take the tour of Herculaneum with Askos Tours!
- Expert archaeologist guide
- Skip-the-line tickets
- Headsets (from groups higher than 10 people)
- Small group (max 20 people)
Points of interest
The Beach, Marco Nonio Balbo's Terrace, Samnite House, Thermal baths, Forum, House of Neptune and Amphitrite, Gymnasium, House of the skeleton, Thermopolium, Temple of the Augustali, House of the Black Room, House of Beautiful Courtyard, House of the Wooden Partition
- Take part to a small group tour to Herculaneum
- Skip the line without any waiting at the ticket office
- Discover the site with an archaeologist guide to ask all the questions you have
Health & Safety
Askos srl has implemented all the prevention, protection and organizational measures provided for by the regulatory protocol for the Covid-19 Virus pandemic (Legislative Decree no.81 of 9 April 2008, Annex XLVI)
- We use and offer sanitary gel for hand sanitization, before, after and during the tour.
- Our guides and all our operators received anti-covid health and safety training. They check their temperature daily and they are trained to comply with all anti-contagion regulations.
- It is mandatory to wear your own personal mask for the whole duration of the tour. If you don't have one, we'll provide it to you.
- If headphone sets are required, they are properly sterilized and sanitized before each use.
- Our private and small group tours are designed to provide you with maximum comfort and safety.
Gaze into the past with a tour of Herculaneum with an archaeologist guide & ticket included!
2 hoursfrom €49 €39 Per Person
5.5 hoursfrom €99 €74 Per Person
Small group tour of Pompeii and Herculaneum with expert archaeologist guide: tickets and transport from Naples included!
7 hoursfrom €149 Per Person
One of the tours of a lifetime: Contemplate life in the ancient world with a private tour to Herculaneum
2 hoursstarting from €197