Why take this tour
Add something extra special to your cruise by taking a visit to Rome from the port of Civitavecchia. Everyone should visit Rome at least once in their life. And we at Askos Tours have designed the perfect excursion for you. You’re just a few clicks away from securing your place on a memorable tour. Let us show you the best the Eternal City has to offer!
You’ll be welcomed by your friendly driver at the cruise port from where you’ll be whisked to Rome aboard a comfortable minivan. Here you’ll meet your expert tour guide whose depth of knowledge, passion and clear explanations never fail to impress. Get ready to be steeped in the history of Rome!
First stop is the iconic Colosseum. With skip-the-line tickets you’ll go straight in without wasting a moment. Your guide will lead you round this incredible amphitheater. You’ll hear tales of the countless bloody battles and fierce fights which took place where tourists now wander freely.
Of course, no visit to Rome would be complete without seeing the Vatican, literally a city within a city. You’ll enter the museums which house some of the richest art collections in the world. Step forward to gaze in wonder at Roman masterpieces up close. You may never get the chance again to rest your eyes on wonders like the Laocoon and the Apollo Belvedere. Then see Michelangelo’s most famous and audacious work in the magnificent Sistine Chapel. And if there weren’t enough, you’ll then experience the thrill of entering St Peter’s Basilica. Feel the overwhelming sanctity that flows from every corner of this awe-inspiring building.
At Askos Tours we have a team of dedicated, passionate professionals ready to give you a day you’ll never forget. Book your front row seat for the best show of the most beautiful city in the world. Take this tour from the cruise port and see Rome, the Eternal city.
- Expert tour guide
- Transport by modern minivan
- Professional driver
- Pick up and drop off at the port of Civitavecchia
- Skip-the-line tickets for the Vatican and the Colosseum
- Headsets (for groups higher than 6 people)
- Private tour
Points of interest
The arena, Arch of Constantine, St Peter Basilica, Pietà, St. Peter's Square, Gallery of the Tapestries, Gallery of Maps, Raphael's Rooms, Sistine Chapel
- Reach Rome with a comfortable private transport to / from the port of Civitavecchia
- Skip the line without losing a minute!
- Discover the most beautiful monuments and places in the capital
Health & Safety
Askos srl has implemented all the prevention, protection and organizational measures provided for by the regulatory protocol for the Covid-19 Virus pandemic (Legislative Decree no.81 of 9 April 2008, Annex XLVI)
- We use and offer sanitary gel for hand sanitization, before, after and during the tour.
- Our vehicles are all sanitized according to the law after each use.
- Our guides and all our operators received anti-covid health and safety training. They check their temperature daily and they are trained to comply with all anti-contagion regulations.
- It is mandatory to wear your own personal mask for the whole duration of the tour. If you don't have one, we'll provide it to you.
- If headphone sets are required, they are properly sterilized and sanitized before each use.
- Our private and small group tours are designed to provide you with maximum comfort and safety.
We will meet you at the cruise terminal of the port of Civitavecchia. Your driver will hold a sign with your name on it to be recognized.
Unfortunately this itinerary is not suitable for wheelchair users. We can arrange a private tour including a special wheelchair accessible itinerary, contact us!
No, the underground and the third ring are not included in this tour.
The Vatican Museums have very strict regulations regarding dress code. It is important to keep your shoulders and legs covered (both men and women). Anyone wearing shorts above the knee will not have access to St. Peter's Basilica. Using hats is not allowed inside.
Lunch is not included in the price of the tour. However, if you wish you can have a lunch break. Our guide will be able to suggest the best restaurants to have a good meal.
A wonderful visit of Rome from Civitavecchia port - ideal for cruise passengers!
7 hoursstarting from €745
3 hoursstarting from €245
3 hoursstarting from €275
3 hoursstarting from €275