Why take this tour
Experience the thrill of a tour of Pompeii and Mount Vesuvius. See the world’s most famous archaeological site and volcano in a tour designed to give you the best of both.
You’ll meet a member of our team at the main entrance to Pompeii. There, you’ll get your tickets booked in advance which will enable you to skip the queue. Your friendly expert guide will be an experienced archaeologist keen to share their passion for this once vibrant, prosperous city.
Starting at Porta Marina, you’ll stroll to the granaries of the impressive Forum, the centre of Pomepii’s political and cultural life. Here you’ll see an eerie exhibition of casts of Pompeiian victims of the eruption. Nearby you’ll gaze in wonder at the Temple of Apollo and the Sanctuary of the Lares. And at the Macellum, you’ll easily imagine the hustle and bustle of the market.
Following a short break to relax and refresh, you’ll board our comfortable minivan to head to Vesuvius. This sleeping giant last erupted in 1944 since which time it has lain resting. But don’t be deceived, it is still active! However, these days its activity is largely limited to fumaroles - emissions of hot sulphurous gases.
Your tour of Mount Vesuvius then takes you on a spectacular journey through the unspoilt scenery of the national park. A short uphill walk takes you to the lip of the crater where you can gaze into the immense chasm. There are walking trails which circle the crater offering breathtaking panoramic views. Take a pause to look around you and admire the Gulf of Naples, Pompeii, Capri and Sorrento.
Few places contain so much natural beauty and evidence of ancient civilizations in such a small space. At Askos Tours, we have all the expertise and passion to help you make the most of your experience. With us, your tour of Pompeii and Mount Vesuvius will be magical, inspiring and truly awesome.
- Expert archaeologist guide to Pompeii ruins
- Small group (Pompeii max 20 people; Vesuvius max 8 people)
- Skip the line tickets to Pompeii and Vesuvius
- Headsets to Pompeii ruins (for groups higher than 10 people)
- Transport to Mount Vesuvius from Pompeii by modern minivan (up to 8 people)
Points of interest
Marina Gate, The Basilica, The Forum, The Macellum, The thermal Baths, The Thermopolium, The bakery, Plaster casts of the victims, The house of the Faun, Lupanar, Via dell’Abbondanza, The theater, Vesuvius crater, Panoramic view of the Gulf of Naples
- Explore one of the best preserved archaeological sites in the world
- Skip the line thanks to our tickets without any waiting
- Take part to an excursion to Mount Vesuvius with departure from Pompeii
Health & Safety
Askos srl has implemented all the prevention, protection and organizational measures provided for by the regulatory protocol for the Covid-19 Virus pandemic (Legislative Decree no.81 of 9 April 2008, Annex XLVI)
- We use and offer sanitary gel for hand sanitization, before, after and during the tour.
- Our vehicles are all sanitized according to the law after each use.
- Our guides and all our operators received anti-covid health and safety training. They check their temperature daily and they are trained to comply with all anti-contagion regulations.
- It is mandatory to wear your own personal mask for the whole duration of the tour. If you don't have one, we'll provide it to you.
- If headphone sets are required, they are properly sterilized and sanitized before each use.
- Our private and small group tours are designed to provide you with maximum comfort and safety.
Unfortunately this itinerary is not suitable for wheelchair users and with any kind of mobility issues.
You will take an uphill path of about 800 meters to reach the crater of the volcano.
This tour will take place regularly even in case of rain, so we recommend bringing an umbrella or a raincoat with you if it rains. The tour is canceled only if the authorities decide to close both Pompei and Mt. Vesuvius due to emergency weather conditions. In case only one of the tour sites comes shut, you will be offered an alternative visit.
We always recommend joining us at the meeting point about 15 minutes early. The driver can wait only a few minutes after the scheduled starting time. After that, the tour will start.
If you reach Pompeii by car, we recommend parking in one among many private car parkings around the Porta Marina Superiore Entrance area, contact us and we can give you tips on the best parking areas.
If you are coming from Naples or Sorrento you can reach Pompeii by Circumvesuviana local train (Sorrento - Naples line). Your stop is called “Pompei Scavi - Villa dei Misteri” and the meeting point is only a few steps away. If you are coming from Salerno, you can catch a Trenitalia train and stop at the train station Pompei Centrale: from there it will take you about 20 minutes walking to reach the meeting point. If you plan to come from Rome, catch a high-speed train to Napoli Centrale, then the Circumvesuviana local train line towards Sorrento and stop at &quot;Pompei Scavi - Villa dei Misteri.&quot;
Visit Pompeii in a small group tour and then reach the summit of Mount Vesuvius
7 hoursstarting from €545
2 hoursfrom €45 €36 Per Person
7.5 hoursfrom €99 Per Person
2 hoursstarting from €200