Why take this tour
For many people, it’s a dream to have a personalized guided tour of Pompeii and Herculaneum. But finding time to visit both can be difficult. With Askos Tours, you have the chance to see both sites in one day with a personal driver and an archaeologist guide.
For your personal Pompeii and Herculeum tour, we’ll collect you at your accommodation. We know time is key, so with tickets booked in advance you’ll have priority entrance and skip the queue.
We’ll begin in Pompeii. First, you’ll visit the immense Forum, the centre of Pompeii’s political and commercial life. From here you can walk through a dense network of streets. You’ll enter the Stabian Baths, private homes and visit classic thermopolia where people grabbed their street food. And you’ll take a peek into the world’s most famous house of sin, the Lupanare.
Your guide will then take you to Herculaneum, often described as a jewel of archaeology. A once glamorous town that overlooked the sea, Herculaneum was the holiday retreat for the rich people of Rome. Buried under layers of ash, it remains remarkably intact with no moderations.
With your expert archaeologist guide, you’ll learn the differences and similarities of Pompeii and Herculaneum. Although Vesuvius buried both cities in AD 79, the impact of the disaster wasn’t quite the same. Herculaneum is better preserved than Pompeii. Upper floors of elegant buildings remain standing, which you can see at the Casa del Salone Nero and the Casa Sannitica. You’ll love the beautiful mosaics and charred but extraordinarily intact furniture. At the thermal baths, you’ll learn of the recreational bathing culture and admire fine decorations perfectly preserved. You’ll won’t believe that you’re gazing at life dating back two millennia.
A personal visit to Pompeii and Herculaneum is a once in a lifetime experience. So be sure to make the right choice. Let Askos Tours be your expert, friendly guide on your private archaeological adventure.
- Expert archaeologist guide
- Skip-the-line tickets
- Transportation by modern minivan
- Professional driver
- Pick up and drop off service available from Naples, Sorrento, Amalfi Coast, Salerno areas
- Private tour
Points of interest
- Pompeii: the Basilica, the Forum, the Macellum, the Baths, the Thermopolium, the House of the Faun, the bakery, Plaster casts of the victims, Lupanar, Via dell’Abbondanza, the theaters
- Herculaneum: the beach, Temple of the Augustali, Marco Nonio Balbo's Terrace, the house of Neptune and Amphitrite, the Samnite house, the gym, the house of the Deer, the house of the wooden partition
- Explore the Roman cities of Pompeii and Herculaneum with a private tour guide
- Skip the line with our priority tickets
- Take advantage of a private transport that will make your deplacements more comfortable and agile
Health & Safety
Askos srl has implemented all the prevention, protection and organizational measures provided for by the regulatory protocol for the Covid-19 Virus pandemic (Legislative Decree no.81 of 9 April 2008, Annex XLVI)
- We use and offer sanitary gel for hand sanitization, before, after and during the tour.
- Our vehicles are all sanitized according to the law after each use.
- Our guides and all our operators received anti-covid health and safety training. They check their temperature daily and they are trained to comply with all anti-contagion regulations.
- It is mandatory to wear your own personal mask for the whole duration of the tour. If you don't have one, we'll provide it to you.
- If headphone sets are required, they are properly sterilized and sanitized before each use.
- Our private and small group tours are designed to provide you with maximum comfort and safety.
Yes, this tour could be suitable for wheelchair users as well. If you have mobility issues, please, we ask you to promptly notify our office, in order to arrange the best itinerary for you.
You can simply leave your luggage in the trunk of the car at your disposal. They will be guarded by your driver.
The driver will pick you up whenever you need. This tour includes pick up at your accommodation, at the station, at the airport, at the port or at any other point in the area of Naples, Salerno, Sorrento or the Amalfi Coast.
No. As this tour includes all skip-the-line tickets, no tickets or passes other than those we provide to you directly can be used.
A journey through the history of Pompeii and Herculaneum with an archaeologist tour guide!
5.5 hoursfrom €99 €74 Per Person
Small group tour of Pompeii and Herculaneum with expert archaeologist guide: tickets and transport from Naples included!
7 hoursfrom €149 Per Person
6 hoursstarting from €395
12 hoursstarting from €1.125
Great service, we planned out tour the day of the Naples Marathon and the company was very efficient in working a solution for pick up and joining our guide. Great car, super guide and great service.
Maria S | Family (teens)
An amazing day out and a must do. Our driver Francisco was charming and helpful and who delivered us into the hands of Vince, a better guide we could not have wished for. He was so interesting and knowledgeable with a hint of humour I could have spent many hours listening to him. Like everybody you meet in Naples ,warm and friendly. Thank you Askos for making our trip so enjoyable
Robert Macrowan | Couples
This was an amazing experience! Our driver picked us up at our hotel in Sorrento and was in contact throughout the day with our guide, making the various connections flawless. Sylvia handled the tour in both Pompeii and Herculaneum and for us, she was perfect. She had incredible energy and passion for both sites and moved us through at just the right pace. We couldn’t have asked for a better experience. Would highly recommend Askos tours!
Mary Eiben | Family (teens)
Private tour and driver.
My journey to Pompeii and Herculaneum was fantastic. Driver (Francesco) was on time and very kind. Guide (Anna) was very professional and charming. Our tour in Spanish is absolutely a must have in Pompeii and Herculaneum.
Alejandro | Solo