Why take this tour
Book a visit to the famous Capua arena, second in size only to the Colosseum in Rome. The place from where the gladiator Spartacus drove a rebellion that in 73 BC kept in ceck the Roman army. You will also see the more authentic Gladiator’s Museum and the secret temple dedicated to the god Mithras.
Why book this tour? You will feel like a gladiator for a day, guided on an exciting exploration of the site by a guide specialized in archaeology.
The Capua Arena, the oldest in the Roman world, was also the headquarter for the first and most important gladiator’s school. The Colosseum in Rome was only projected many years later based on his model. You will visit the entire structure, and you will also access the mysterious underground galleries where gladiators and beasts stopped before the fightings.
In the Gladiator’s Museum you can admire battle scenes and decorations with mythical characters that adorned the amphitheater. And, to go back in time, you will see a virtual representation of gladiators fight.
The Mithraeum is an authentic jewel of the antiquity and dates back to between the 2nd and 3rd centuries AD. Dedicated to the god Mithras, it is one of the most important sites for the reconstruction of that mystery cult. Thanks to the gladiators coming from the East, this religion spread in Capua. You will admire the best-preserved fresco in the world, representing Mithras killing the bull, the event on which this religion is founded.
During this tour you will live again the spirit of Spartacus and his companions, in the Amphitheater that saw them as protagonists of bloody battles. Take an evocative tour of a site that has few equals in Italy and in the world. Trust the true experts of Askos Tours for your exploration of the ancient Capua Arena, and the exploits of Spartacus will have no more secrets for you.
- Expert archaeologist guide
- Skip the line tickets
- Private tour
Points of interest
Amphitheater, Museum of the Gladiators, Temple of Mithras
- Visit the wonders of ancient Capua with an Archaeologist guide
- Relive the Deeds of Spartacus
- Enter the mysterious underground temple dedicated to the god Mithras
Health & Safety
Askos srl has implemented all the prevention, protection and organizational measures provided for by the regulatory protocol for the Covid-19 Virus pandemic (Legislative Decree no.81 of 9 April 2008, Annex XLVI)
- We use and offer sanitary gel for hand sanitization, before, after and during the tour.
- Our guides and all our operators received anti-covid health and safety training. They check their temperature daily and they are trained to comply with all anti-contagion regulations.
- It is mandatory to wear your own personal mask for the whole duration of the tour. If you don't have one, we'll provide it to you.
- If headphone sets are required, they are properly sterilized and sanitized before each use.
- Our private and small group tours are designed to provide you with maximum comfort and safety.
The tour include a walking in a 1,5-kilometer path
Unfortunately this itinerary is not suitable for wheelchair users provides access to areas not equipped for this type of disability
From Naples you can reach the Amphitheatre by catching a regional train from Naples Central Station (about 1 hour ride). The stop is Santa Maria Capua Vetere. To reach the Amphitheatre you will need to walk about 20 minutes.
Relive the deeds of Spartacus with a guided tour at the Capua arena
2 hoursstarting from €200
8 hoursstarting from €705
2 hoursstarting from €200
One of the tours of a lifetime: Contemplate life in the ancient world with a private tour to Herculaneum
2 hoursstarting from €197