Why take this tour
The Phlegraean Fields and the Archaeological Park of Cuma boast an immense historical and geological heritage. Askos Tours offers you the opportunity to explore this volcanic land which has been shaped by numerous eruptions. In these places where so many legends are set, Greeks and Romans built cities and left their mark forever. Only here can you find such a unique combination of archeology, myth and nature.
Your adventure starts at your accommodation where you will meet our highly trained guide and a professional driver. Travelling in a comfortable minivan, you will reach the fascinating destinations of this fiery land, where the subsoil still boils.
At the Archaeological Park of Cuma, you will admire the remains of the first Greek colony in Italy. This is exactly where the colonization process that gave birth to Magna Graecia began. You'll walk through ancient streets and absorb the atmosphere. You'll enter the most famous and mysterious tunnel of the Phlegraean Fields: the Cave of the Sibyl of Cuma. This long tunnel was identified by Virgil as the seat of the legendary priestess of Apollo.
From Lake Fusaro you will reach the Archaeological Park of Baia and the Aragonese Castle. You’ll see the remains of the villas and spa areas where the Roman aristocracy relaxed. In Pozzuoli you’ll visit the Flavian Amphitheater and its undergrounds. In Bacoli you’ll discover the Mirabilis Pool, a huge cistern of drinking water which kept the imperial fleet stationed at Capo Miseno hydrated. And finally at the shores of Lake Averno, you’ll see where Homer and Virgil placed the entrance to Hades.
So, what are you waiting for? The Phlegraean Fields and the Archaeological Park of Cuma offer you incomparable scenery. The enigmatic nature of these places has been loved and feared in equal measure for centuries. Now it’s your turn to be enchanted. And with our staff at your disposal we promise you a day like no other.
- Skip the line tickets
- Private transport by minivan with professional driver
- Expert archaeologist guide
- Pick up and drop off at your hotel, train station, airport or port of Naples and surroundings.
Points of interest
Acropolis of Cuma, Temple of Apollo, Cave of the Cumaean Sibyl, Archaeological Museum of the Phlegraean Fields, Aragonese Castle of Baia, Roman Baths of Baia, Flavian Amphitheater of Pozzuoli, Piscina Mirabilis in Miseno, D'Averno and Fusaro Lakes
- Enter inside the cave of the Cumaean Sibyl
- Rediscover the myths that have made these places legendary with a local archaeologist as your guide.
- Comfortable private transport and tickets included
Health & Safety
Askos srl has implemented all the prevention, protection and organizational measures provided for by the regulatory protocol for the Covid-19 Virus pandemic (Legislative Decree no.81 of 9 April 2008, Annex XLVI)
- We use and offer sanitary gel for hand sanitization, before, after and during the tour.
- Our vehicles are all sanitized according to the law after each use.
- Our guides and all our operators received anti-covid health and safety training. They check their temperature daily and they are trained to comply with all anti-contagion regulations.
- It is mandatory to wear your own personal mask for the whole duration of the tour.
- If headphone sets are required, they are properly sterilized and sanitized before each use.
- Our private and small group tours are designed to provide you with maximum comfort and safety.
Unfortunately this itinerary is not suitable for wheelchair users. We can arrange a private tour including a special wheelchair accessible itinerary, contact us!
The driver will pick you up whenever you need. This tour includes pick up at your accommodation, at the station, at the airport, at the port or at any other point in the area of Naples, Salerno, Sorrento or the Amalfi Coast.
You can simply leave your luggage in the trunk of the car at your disposal. They will be guarded by your driver.
Unfortunately the Solfatara crater is not accessible. It has been closed to the public from several years.
No. As this tour includes all skip-the-line tickets, no tickets or passes other than those we provide to you directly can be used.
Discover the splendour of the Archaeological Park of Cuma and the Phlegraean Fields!
Feel the fabulous antiquities come alive with a private guided tour of the National Archaeological Museum in Naples
2 hoursstarting from €205
2 hoursstarting from €200
7 hoursstarting from €545
8 hoursstarting from €695